Thursday, September 16, 2010

Goodbye rain...Hello sun...goodbye sun!

What's up? - The rain and clouds cleared out just in time for a spectacular sunset. It's so dramatic with all those dark clouds around. I wish all my love's were here to share it with me! The sun is now setting so far to the south that I can't get a good view unless I'm down at the lake. Earlier I went out to the house and took some new photos with the windows installed. We've had the windows since last year when we got a steal of a deal on them. Someone ordered the wrong size and then returned them to Lowe's. We ended up designing the south end of the house around the windows we had. This is the view as you drive up... ...and from the south... ... and from the backyard. There's still a big hole in the front where the door will go. I ordered that door yesterday along with a door for the back porch. All the posts are part of a wrap around porch that will get done eventually. Everything should be shut in by the end of the month. I found out the insulation is arriving tomorrow morning. We are trying a do-it-yourself spray foam product for the exterior walls. I hope it's as easy as the video shows on line.
Activity - I did some yoga today. I think yoga is tricky. It's so controlled compared to other exercising I've done (eg. Turbo Jam, which I also love). It's thoughtful and calming but and I still work up a sweat and I can feel it in my muscles as I sit here typing.
Laughter - I watched "Date Night" last night and I thought it was HILARIOUS! I was in tears from laughing so hard. It's a simple story and sometimes it was hard to see beyond Tina Fay and Steve Carell's television roles but I would definitely recommend it!
Kindness - Our friend Tom is in the hospital with a severe injury so some of his dentist friends are helping by working at his practice for him. That's so kind. Also I went to the Caringbridge website and read some of the kind words people have left in Tom's guestbook.

1 comment: