Friday, September 17, 2010

On the road again...

What's up? - I'm busy tying up some loose ends before I leave tomorrow morning. I'm heading to Sadie and Mike's first to drop off the woodsplitter so they can start stockpiling wood for winter. Then I'm going to do something I've NEVER done before - - get a manicure! There's never been a need when you are a nailbiter like me but I haven't bitten my nails for nearly 3 weeks now. My hands still look like farmer lady hands, with nicks and scrapes from working at the house but when I clean out the dirt from under my nails, they do look a little better. I'll be staying at Jenny and Nolan's on Saturday night. It's been a while since we've hung out and I can't wait to see them. They won't be there until the evening because they have a birthing class all day on Saturday--how exciting for them! I'm going to try to get some sleep on Saturday night because I'm getting picked up by two of my favorite ladies, Nola and Brenda ,at 4 a.m. Sunday for our trip to NEW YORK CITY!! YEAH!! We'll be in New York until next Friday so we'll have plenty of time for fun, fun, fun! A big shout out to Brenda for passing her physical therapy exams!
Appreciation - I'm so very thankful for all my lovely family and friends. Seeing them is what I like best in all the world!
Laughter - The other day I chatted with my sister-in-law, Kelli. She is so funny and always makes me laugh with her of the wall, almost always outrageous statements. I really love her.
Kindness - Carol and George - my inlaws - were over at the house helping me again. They never have to - they just want to! It made my job over there today go much faster and it is kind of them to help us out. Carol offered us their house to live in this winter while they're gone to Arizona. As October quickly approaches, it looks more and more likely that we'll need to take them up on their offer, at least until our house gets livable. (It will be great to have satellite TV when the Twins get to the Series!)

No comments:

Post a Comment